Mind never sleeps. Even though we sleep for a while , Brain is still working. In a day we have approx 60-70 Thousand thoughts which keeps on rotating the whole day at our mind slate.
We are in so much stress now a days for one reason or another.Reason can be anything,Relations,Work,Studies,Finance,Health & so on.We keep on thinking over a problematic thought or number of thoughts again and again.That causes stress, not only in our mind but also in our body and both became weak.We can’t control the thoughts but we can control our mind and reactions to stay calm.
Let’s have a look how to let go the stress & calm your mind:
1. Check your inner chatter : Yes, we keep on chatting inside about a situation or another the whole day or a large part of the day. Try to tame it.Rather saying negative about yourself or a problem , keep on saying I can do it,I love myself, I am able to handle this,This too shall pass.Make your inner words positive and motivating.By doing this not only you will create a good self image but also your way of thinking will change.It helps long way in calming your mind.
2. Positive mental attitude : Whenever a situation arises, think positively about it.Rather thinking why,when,how it happened or happening, Think about Now what can be done to resolve it.Sometimes problems are not to obstruct you but to instruct you,Learn the lesson from.it.Try to Look at the brighter side always.
3. Live in the present : Most of us are in stress because of thinking about the past or about the future.Both of them isnt in our hands.We are only having the present.Make it better.Think about the present day scenario and what you can do about it.The rest will be settled automatically if you make your present worthy.
4 Exercise: Exercise is a good stress buster.I am not saying go to the gym and spend half of the day there,Nope! Just do some sort of exercise so that your body can release the toxins.Go for a walk, yoga,meditation,cardio,swimming,stair climbing,boxing or simply a deep breathing will do.The more you take the fresh air inside you the more your brain will be cooled down.
5. Stop Blaming: I know people can hurt us knowingly or unknowingly. But by blaming them we give them authority to control our mind and moods.Take charge of what happened to you and think what lesson you got from this situation and how to grow out of it.By doing this you can control your mind,mood swings and reactions.
6.Sleep Well: I know work is important but so your health.Give your self a good night sleep.It means not only improve the quantity of sleep but the quality of sleep as well.Switch of all your gadgets or keep them away from you.Dont watch any videos or TV before going to bed.Try not to think about anything but if you cannot do it just think of something that makes you smile.And with the good image close your eyes and sleep.
7.Love your self : It is the most important thing to remain clam and stress free. Above all love yourself. Do whatever makes you happy (without hurting people). Join some hobby class, spend time with family & friends, watch comedy movies, Dance, Sing, write, cook, paint, etc. just do what makes you feel warm and gives you joy.
8. Grab positive information only: whenever you are in a bad mood listening to a self-development audio, video, or read aa motivating book. It helps in reducing your stress and channelize your mood into positivity. Don’t read/listen/watch anything bad or negative especially newspapers, in the morning because at this time the mind is in the most adaptive form. Whatever is your intake at this time will affect your thoughts the whole day. Think of good things in the morning and also when you go to bed and notice the difference between the past you and the new you.
9. Surround yourself with positive people: Our company plays a dominant role in our thought process/mood swings. Stay away from the people who are negative in their approach or bully you or make fun of others or having the “Glass is half empty” approach. Surround your self with people who are positive talkers, who motivate you, see the good in you, emphasize on good things about life.
I hope and wish you will work on it and keep yourself stress-free.
Faith n Love,